SAVE A PET
COVID 19 and our shelter
We are allowing viewing of our available cats by appointment only even for visiting.
1. As of September 15, 2021 the shelter is able to book appointments for visits but not random public visiting that we did before Covid19. We still have very limited space so are limiting number of people and still asking for masks to be worn inside.
Please do not enter here if you have any contagious symptoms!
If you are interested in adoption, proceed to step 2 and apply and an appointment will be arranged for an adoption after references are checked and things are approved.
2. Complete an Adoption Application.http://valleyanimalshelter.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/ADOPTION-QUESTIONNAIRE-20161.pdf We will need to know if you have any other pets, if you have small children and if you own your own home or rent. We ask for this information so we can ensure that our cats are placed in the right “forever home”.
3. Once your application is completed, there is a minimum 24 to 48 hour waiting period while our Adoption Co-ordinator processes your application. This can include contacting your landlord, your veterinarian, parents or guardians if students or underage and your personal references.
Hospital duites and care takes priority over shelter work so ther are unavoidable delays at times.
If we have more than one application per pet we reserve the right to choose the adoption home that we feel will best suit the pet in question.
We also may not have time and resources to respond to everyone individually if we receive many applications.
While your application is being processed your selected cat will be put “on hold” for you.
4. If your application is approved, you will be contacted by our office and arrangements will be made for you to come in and pick up your new pet. An appointment will be arranged for you to meet with a technician for a complete health check of your cat.
5. Once your cat has received a clean bill of health you simply pay the adoption fee, and you and your new pet can start your life together.
These adoption appointments would be scheduled Monday-Friday between 2-4 pm.
We DO NOT do same day adoptions.
Valley W.A.A.G. Animal Shelter
We are a non-profit organization which solely relys on donations.
We are proud to let you know that we are a no-kill shelter.
It is believed here that every cat has their forever home and there shouldn't be a time limit.
We're All Animal Guardians